Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Little Pony: Cake is Magic

Did you miss me? Did you? No? That's OK, I'm going to post an update anyway! I now present to you, PONIES! *yay*

My first drawn pony cake was for my sister. Because she is very much like our fashionista pony of generosity, I made her a Rarity cake. I'm quite proud of this beauty. :)

The cake!

A view of the roses and borders. The triple reverse shell is a favorite of mine, especially when pared with a straight trim underneath.

Top view of roses: purple and mauve rose

Rarity!

My next birthday pony cake was for my niece and she wanted the one and only party pony: Pinkie Pie!

Pinkie was originally going to be a frozen topper, but I didn't like the way it turned out, so I ended up re-drawing it (which is why she's risen up from the cake)

A semi side view

A close-up

And for my last(?) pony cake: Fluttershy for my sister-in-law.

Her birthday is the day after Valentine's day, so I added some pink hearts, and she loves yellow roses. 

A second view. The borders are reverse shell on top and shell on the bottom.
There you have it, my pony cakes. I would love to do more, but I'm not sure if I'll get the chance. I still have a lot of cakes to add, so stay tuned. I promise I will try to update more often. Also, feel free to ask me any technical questions. I've now been decorating cakes for over 14 years and would love to help anyone interested in giving it a try. Till next time: Love and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment